The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a diamond back goby 3 days ago. digs in the 1"-1.5" of sand I have really good but my tank is so cloudy of course when he does it. Any thing I can do to clear this up. I have a 90 gal. 5 cromis 2 clowns 1 angel 2 cleaner shrimp some hermit crabs, star fish, dragonnet, finger leather. All para. are good. And of course when I get up in the morning the tank is clear. Any sug? Thanks

· Lost At Sea
1,513 Posts
Is the tank newish? Mine kicks up sand alot too, but as the tank ages, the grains will become covered in bacteria and should settle down quickly. I don't know what type of filtration you are using, but I have an overflow and sump and use a micron-filter bag which caught most of the really fine grain particles.

Now when he kicks up a storm, you'll just see the grains quickly fall back to the bottom within a minute or so.

· Lost At Sea
1,513 Posts
You should have decent growth on the grains by now. I think what really helped me is having the micron filter sock to remove the really tiny grains that got stirred up.

The HOB filter will eventually remove these finer particles if you are using the floss media, but it'll take longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.