The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Gang! I am very very happy about my doctor's visit on Friday!

Normal sugar readings are 80-120 and here are mine for the last couple of weeks!

Morning Evening
77 103
86 81
109 96
85 84
105 95
104 77
93 86
99 112
100 89
81 85
87 83
71 75
92 83
83 76

Since my last visit to the doctor's on March 14th I have lost another 16.9lbs for a total of 41lbs since the lst of the year!
I feel so much better and more energy and better outlook at work! Diabetes can be controlled and I just need to stay focused and I will be a lot healthier person. :D

·
Super Moderator
22,408 Posts
WAY TO GO JOHNNY!!!!!:beer: :dance: :beer: :dance:
Glad to hear you are feelin' better!:D

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Way to go, Johnny. Now that is some happy news :)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Alright Johnny please take care of yourself buddy. :):dance:

·
Super Moderator
27,687 Posts
Yeeee Hawwww! You're doin' good Johnny! Keep up the good work!

Tommy- get to work buddy, you've got a good hard workin' example up there .

by the Grace of God, it's not I. Diabetes all over the place in my family.

·
Administrator
47,640 Posts
Johnny Great News Buddy, I need to shed 29 at least, it snuck up on me in the 4 months I been smoke free:(

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Doug! That is a very tough habit to quit as I think the tobacco companies have doctored their cigs even more in recent years! I quit about 8 years ago and Pat is going on 5 years(of coarse after being diagnosed with lung cancer).
We feel so much better with our breathing and lungs. No more coughing in the morning! I tell ya though there are times when I could easily have one like after having a few beers which I don't do anymore because I am watching my diabetes!
But if you do show up around Flathead Lake this summer, I would like to have you meet Pat and share a couple of cold ones together friend!:D

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wohooooooooo Johnny Glad to hear things are going good

Jeff

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:dance: :beer: yeeeeaaaahhhhh :beer: :dance:

good for you johnny, i tip my hat to you friend! 41 pounds in 5 months is no easy task, let alone controlling your numbers! we're all proud of you, as you can see :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Doug,Its been a tad over 10 months since i had a smoke.Stoping cigs was the hardest thing i ever had to do.MUNCHIES
I didn't even know you could become diabetic this late in life.DUH
Tommy

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to thank everyone for the support as this helps me remain focus in my quest to be healthy!! As the saying goes: If you have your health, you have everything!:)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Well done Johnny! I am glad to hear that you are doing better!

Andrew

·
Registered
371 Posts
:D Great news Johnny. Does this indicate that you don't need that constant poke of the needle??

BTW, I started taking welbutrin (zyban, which insur. won't cover) so I too will be smoke free in aabout another week. :beer:

Anybody ever take the zyban route?

Lee:beer:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lee! That is my ultimate goal to get off the needle! Presently I take two shots a day although I have been able to reduce my insulin with the better diet and weight loss!

Gotta look good for the TRT picnic I hope to attend someday along with Pat!!;)

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Johnny, keep that up, and you just might be able to get away from the insulin! I'm so happy to hear that you're turning things around!

You've gotta know that I (as well as all the other health care folks on the board) LOVE those sugar numbers!

(And for those of you who've kicked that other habit - congratulations! )
Danielle

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i never tried zyban. but i did take the patch 6 years ago. back then i was smoking four packs a day.. yesi said FOUR packs a day. well, when i had my first heart attack, i came up with every reason under the sun why it wasn't smoke related, but i dropepd to "lights" but kept right on smoking. when i had my second heart attack, i dropped to 3 packs a day, but still insisted, it was stress and not smoking. when i had my third heart attack, i finally got the point. so i quit smoking AND quit my management job at ibm :)

i went on the patch, and never even hada craving. supposed to step down for 10 weeks, i took it for 6 weeks. i was smoke free for 5 years. but then when i went on vacation last year, i started again :( i'm back up to a pack a day.

but my goal is to quit this year. for good. though i know it wont be easy the second time!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lee...I was useing both the pill and the patch.The Zyban for me anyway,made the cigs taste bad after 3-4 drags,and would kinda burn my tongue.I really give alot of the credit for quiting to zyban,was also great haveing such great support to my wife,Kat
Tommy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great Job Johnny!

I'll have to show this thread to my wife, after being diagnosed with gestational diabetes 4 weeks ago, she had at least one high number a day (generally after lunch). Two times a day with the needle (Boy does she hate that...) and it may go up to three, we'll find out tomorrow. On the upside, I'm eating better (healthier) than I ever have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts