The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will use this until the website frag swap deal is working right.

I'll list all the frags I will have for the meeting, if you want/need them before just let me know, so I can update my list.

also everyone post their frags, and edit your lists, instead of making a new post to show what all you have.

I'm going to try and bring as many extra frags just in case people change their mind and need some at the meeting. :agree:

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well turns out there are a few polyps left on the sour apple BN

Ya, I'm 99% positive it was the antibacterial Febreze that did it in...

I have never had before or since that something start started to kill things in hours, and since the incident we have not had antibacterial Febreze in the house, and the tank has been doing good, and I even connected my 14"x18" open top frag tank to my main system, so if anything was sprayed in the air it would have already gotten into the tank by now.

I need to get some breeding snails back in my tank, I got a couple stomatella snails early last year, and then had a tank full of them when the tank crashed, I loved those stomatella snails and need to get some more, I would also like to get some breeding Cerinth snails, also.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, would never have thought it could destroy a tank like that! Glad your still in the hobby though! I look forward to meeting. My corals should be shipped on Monday for a Tuesday arrival...anxious to see them again...it's been weeks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the hobby and live in the DFW area. I have a 75g deep tank. The dims are funny.. shaped like a 55g but taller. I'm about a week in to cycling and I'm waiting on my lights from buildmyLED.com, any suggestions on how long cycling should take and what I should start out with?

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Jacob!

Cycles usually last around 3-4 weeks, but can be much longer or shorter.

I did run into a 75g tank like that before, it was about 30" tall.

I would start out with snails, and before you add fish I would start feeding the tank just as you would feed if you had fish for a few days, and make sure there is no spike in ammonia and nitrites. if there is no spike and your feeding regularly, then its ok to add a fish, then add another one the next month and so on, unless you get a pair, but if its nit a pair its best to give time between adding fish. the longer between livestock the better IME.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts