The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,707 Posts
no problem here either,,unless you want to keep high light loving things in it,,you'd have to place them up on the rockwork etc.
another thing , it may not seem that bad with just the tank, remember the stand could greatly affect your ability to reach in and do stuff, glass cleaning , re-arranging,maintanence etc.
luckily my 180 is just high enuf for me to work on,,,,can only reach the bottom with my fingers only in front,,,barely,,and i'm 6'1".
my soon to put in service 200 Oceanic with stand might be another story, pulled the tape measure out, ewwwww , gonna be close,,,but that's the price we pay,,,,:funny:
without me getting my calculator out,,,how many gallon tank you talkin? just wondering,,and what you plan on keeping in there?
keep us posted . looks like it oughta be a nice one,,:)

·
Super Moderator
22,707 Posts
Re: Re: deep tank

Geoff said:
how long are your arms? got a snorkel!:D

G~
let's not bring up the Mike (Mojo) incident again,,,heheheheheh
Oops, i think i just did,,,, :eek:

reminds me of the 1150 g tank we had at the shop i managed,,,
had ta go in there with mask n snorkel to clean glass,,,
and feed the 5ft green moray in der b4 too,,,
he had a habit of going in one part of the tank , and coming out another,,never thought i could curl my toes'ies so tight b4,,,
this was about the time of the movie "The Deep",,,,:eek:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hmm tanks sounds to be around a 180 to 200 if my math is rite because my 240 is 84"x24"x36"(actualy the width might actualy be an inch or so bigger but I don't remember). With my stand witch is actualy only 32" high plus the tank witch is 36" plus my hood put another 6 inches there meens even though I am 6'3" I need something to stand on while setting it up and in the future when I am working on it. As soon as my brother gets home from vaction I will snap a couple photos for ya to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.