The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any titles and/or authors of any deck building books. I currently have a 12'X14' second floor deck but was told not to even try to put our intended 500 gal spa on it. I'd like to tie it into the upper deck posts and I guess pour concrete piers under the joists that will be supporting the spa. The lower deck will be the same size as the upper with handrails and steps on either side. Any info will be appreciated. Hopefully the book will have weight ratings or recommendations for the correct lumber.

·
Administrator
49,211 Posts
Sunset Books has one, as well as many Home Improvement Centers have literature as well. If its going to hold a spa I would definatly take the time to get it right, good luck

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reckon it could get interestin round here.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good news, I got a compound miter saw just now (can't build a deck without one) at least thats the story and I'm sure sticking to it It definitely should help with future reef projects (stands, canopies, you know necessary things like that. So I guess I kinda just committed to building the deck myself the upside is I get new tools and get to keep them after I'm done. The downside is I have to do it myself (its hot here now).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.