The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been looking for a way to get some saltwater premixed so i can have some in case i need to do a quick water changes or fi im feeling lazy and i have heard of petco's premixed saltwater but today i called a dealer in my area who said he sells pre mixed saltwater for 3 dollars for 5 gallons which i think is a much better deal than petcos 3 gals for 10 dollars so i was wonderin if anyone heard of a dealer doing this? and if iwere to try it out what things shoudl i test for before i put it into the tank? i was thinkin amm,nitrate, and copper? would be the major problems right? well just wanted to know if you guys thought its be ok thanks...

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,683 Posts
What is the make of water and do they have a web site? the on I use at petco is $9. for 5 gallon but using my petco I usllay save a dollar so $8 for 5gallons not 3gallons.I know theres a comp. out ther that sell nutra seawater in 2.2 and 4'4 and remember the 4.4 was $11.99.

·
Registered
557 Posts
most lfs around here just mix Oceanic or Kent, maybe I/O with RO water.
something like .75-1.00 a gallon. Just bring your own container(s).
Wouldnt' by that NSW stuff, with all I've read about it.
I did that a lot, when I was curing my Live rock.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I use crystal sea marine mix. It's a really good salt IMO.

Make sure that the dealer is using RO/DI water and ask to see a tds test of the water before it is mixed with salt. It should be less than 5ppm tds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.