The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Export with Care!
6,805 Posts
I had 2 jumbo going in the 150 now that their gone just feeding a couple pellets a day to maintain food supplies for bacteria. Still cycling :)

·
Export with Care!
6,805 Posts
My favorite method for cycling a FW tank is get someone else's or one of your other tanks really nasty built up filter cartridges and put it in the new tanks filter for a month :)

Toss in a bit of food on occasion and watch the levels on the tank.

Nasty dirty filter cartridges are chalk full of fun loving bacteria for Freshwater. Not quite as easy on SW side. Problem is SW livestock is used to Very Very Low levels, where FW natural environment they are subject to higher levels compared to SW.

Same way if someone from Alaska comes down to Indiana in the winter time, they think its nice and not bad at all, while everyone around here is freezing their $*#$# off :)
Same way after working outdoors all winter I get used to the cold more so then most folks that work indoors. Still freaking cold don't get me wrong lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.