The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Moorish Idol (as he looks today).

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
You might want to get a bigger tank for him. That one looks a little small

·
Registered
210 Posts
isn't that exactly how the moorish Idol from Finding Nemo last looked in the movie, escaping in a plastic baggie?
he might be playing dead to escape watch him closely ;)

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
how long do you plan to keep the idol ?

my foxface died on way to the new tank, was in the bag for only 20 minutes, arrived home and dead

its still in the freezer after 6 months :D

just gotta go ahead and chuck it some day, or bury it ?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Gosh, this is a really sad loss.

Regarding the matter of keeping dead fish a long time for no good reason...I had a red sea sailfin jump out a year or so ago. I found it before it was dead, but it did not survive the night. This was really a tragic sort of loss for an aquarist (though I'd have to say I'd find the loss of a moorish idol even harder to take)...the sailfin tang is still in the freezer for no particularly good reason. I think my rationale is that I might want to get some good photos of the tail spine both raised and lowered at some point, but mostly it just was hard to initially throw it out I think!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats Sick

This thread is weird. Seems like Scott is constantly contributing to the odd ones. All I can think is would you keep your dead dog in the freezer? How about cat?

What you should do is take the MI to the taxidermist and have it mounted, then you could set up an empty tank with no water, put the stuffed fish on a little electric track and "swim it around".

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone want to see a picture of my dead frozen dog??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts