The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post some shots of my 180 gallon tank tonight. Enjoy.

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes ... there are Aptasia. No I don't care anymore. Nothing works to get rid of them.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
tried vinegar shot right in their mouths? that always works for me..

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have yet to have a peppermint shrimp eat an aptasia. I can't tell you how many peppermint shirmp I have bought and the aptasia are not phased.

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tank looks great. I wish I could keep my sand that clean.
Thanks. I have a 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inch sand bed that I vaccum with every water change.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
this is risky but a copper banded butterfly
or ive heard of h. butterflys doing it
great tank what reflectors (if any) are you useing

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a retrofit with typical MH reflectors around the MH. I run three 250W XM 10K bulbs and two 140W VHO actinics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great looking tank. Sigh......and here I am trying to convince myself that my newly set up 90 is absolutely the last AND largest tank i am going to set up then I see yours and begin to think hmmmmmm....... :drool:

Eric

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave great shots! tank looks really great
Thanks tims. I took these after almost 7 weeks of tank neglect. I spent the weekend scraping coraline, cleaning pumps, did a 32 gallon water change, cleaned the skimmer, and did a little reaquascaping. I'm still not completely satisfied with it yet but overall this has been my most successful tank. Before this tank fraging skills with sps was something that I never needed!

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW!!! Nice Tank!
Thanks Loverotties! I still have alot of other species I want to add to the tank, particularly a few stags and a birdsnest as well as a few monti digi's.

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
love those purple montis
I really love them to. They started out as one colony that had a small 1" plate break off during shipping. I glued the frag to the overhang in the picture. Here is a before shot of the colony.

And after

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Looks great Doc;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts