The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,319 Posts
From the picture it look like a very good possibility. Do they look like little bumps? The power blue may have introduced it.

·
Super Moderator
28,319 Posts
This is from HumbleFish, he knows his stuff. Click on any of the blue highlighted print it will take you there.

Treatment Options:
  1. Praziquantel – 2 mg/L single dose for 7 days in a QT. Both Prazipro (2.5 mg/L) and API General Cure (2.0 mg/L) contain sufficient concentrations of praziquantel.
  2. Formalin – 45 to 60 minute bath treatment, followed by transfer into a sterile QT afterwards.
  3. Hyposalinity – Treat at 1.009 SG for at least 10 days. This kills both the infective and free living stages of the life cycle.
  4. Freshwater Dip – 5 minute freshwater dip may only provide temporary relief, and not result in complete eradication.

·
Super Moderator
28,319 Posts
I can’t advise on the treatment, I personally never had to deal with much as far as sick fish in years . But if HumbleFish said it’s good then I would go with that. He is really knowledgeable. Ten gallon would be a bit small for tangs.

·
Super Moderator
28,319 Posts
Sounds like you are dealing with water quality issues Nomaybe to late to save some from the sounds hospital tank to quarantine maybe best and then treatment.

·
Super Moderator
28,319 Posts
Depending on size of fish the yen may work. The 75 is large and would take more medication if that’s the route you go. But you can set up with fresh salt water and monitor ammonia and do water changes as needed, I do my seahorse fry like that early on . Change water daily .,that site I referred you to HumbleFish is good place for treatment protocols

1 - 6 of 6 Posts