The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
I would say unless it is ceramic and titanium or at the very least stainless it would be a bad idea. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe call the manufacturer and find out. I know their web sight doesn't specify so it is probable fresh water only.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i would be very surprised if it would not work in SW. all of their stuff is made with epoxy/plastic, and ceramic. for them to use something else would seem expensive.

have not actually looked at one, so i am just guessing here.

the only difference between a pondmaster and a Mag pump is the barb fitted volute and the longer cord.

G~

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
All my mags are danner pondmaster and they all say SW compatable on it. I just havent seen where they say SW compatable on the 50.

·
Registered
173 Posts
pond master is the same company as magdrive. I have the pondmaster 3600 on my tank.......Holy crap does it move water......but beware of the heat pond masters produce. If it is a smaller tank Id recomend a ehim pump......did I spell that right?

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geoff said:
i would be very surprised if it would not work in SW. all of their stuff is made with epoxy/plastic, and ceramic. for them to use something else would seem expensive.

G~
Me too, that's what made me think of it.

I called Anne at Danner, you can use them in saltwater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts