The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay it is official, my 90 gallon build starts today. My stand came in today and I picked it up after work. :dance:

Here is the plan for the tank:

90 Gallon AGA tank w/offfset overflow
Custom Oak Stand and Canopy
40 Gallon AGA sump
6X54W Sunlight Supply Tek T5HO
Octopus Needlewheel 200 w/gate valve
Eheim 1262 return pump
2X200W Jager Heaters
2XKoralia 4's for flow in the display

Here is a few pictures of the tank.

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I hope the build goes smooth. I have been waiting to be able to do this since September. I am so excited right now you have no idea. My family thinks I'm crazy:freak:

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good! ;) Just make sure you are ready to get the carpet in your bedroom wet... haha
:lol: I hope not, but it is kind of expected. I had my 55g african tank where the new one is now and I occassionally would get the carpet wet...if it does happen and my parents find out my dad will freak and I will need some :help:! He has already been saying over and over again "just don't flood the basement, just don't let it overflow..."

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Thanks guys, I hope the build goes smooth. I have been waiting to be able to do this since September. I am so excited right now you have no idea. My family thinks I'm crazy:freak:
I have been waiting about 2 months and have another month to go before I start my own 90 so I know how you feel.

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The last three weeks dang near killed me staring at my empty tank waiting for my stand to be finished. Hang in there it is totally worth it. Now hopefully I don't have to wait that long for the baffles for my sump to get cut....

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Congrats on the new tank build! Make sure you get the sump into the cabinet before putting the display on. I think the way the stand is made, you have to sneak the sump in through the back. Also, you may not need two heaters (depends on how you have your heater set during winter).

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the new tank build! Make sure you get the sump into the cabinet before putting the display on. I think the way the stand is made, you have to sneak the sump in through the back. Also, you may not need two heaters (depends on how you have your heater set during winter).
I am still waiting on the glass for the sump. Hopefully I can pick it up today or tomorrow. The sump doesn't go through the back. The top is held on with 4 screws and about 8 pin dowels. So before I can do anything I have to get the sump complete and take the top off to slide it in.

The reason for the two heaters is because I have the tank in the basement where it rarely get warm than 65 degrees. Your right though, I may not need two but I just ordered two just to be on the safe side.

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not a whole lot to update. I just got the holes drilled in the top of the stand for the plumbing to run through. And my gate valve I ordered from savko.com came and I was able to finish the gate valve mod on my NW200. Sorry no exciting pictures this time. My glass should be done tomorrow morning and I am going to try and pick it up on the way to work, when I will get home I will try to get the baffles siliconed in place. After that it will probably only be a couple days until there is water in the tank! I am going to try have my rock come on friday from Liveaquaria.com.

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I am happy with the way it turned out. I was alittle nervous because the stand is alot simplier (doesn't have the decorative edges and stuff) than the rest of my bedroom set does. But is blends in really well.

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, It is update time I got alittle done today. I got the baffles siliconed in my sump(no it is not the best silicone job, it was my first time, it should get the job done.) But anyway, tomorrow after work will be spent plumbing since I can finally put the sump underneath in its final place. I am shooting to have water in it by Thursday night! Here is some pictures.\

1 - 20 of 264 Posts