The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I don't do this too often, but sometimes, a girl's just gotta go shopping. And with the 2 best LFSs in town having kick-wrasse sales, what could be better?

A side note: Our yellow tang "Scraps" disappeared a few days ago. There were no signs of sickness - he was healthy as a horse. He just disappeared. We've checked behind the tank, but as he's missed 2 dinners in a row now, we are sure he's gone on to the big reef in the sky. Tough little bugger he was... Very weird.

Was at one LFS, and did my best to say "no..." Didn't work. I know they're hard to keep, and I'm knocking on wood constantly. Still, she's eating, establishing turf, and generally getting along better than most of the tangs we've had for being so new. (She was in the LFS tank for 2 weeks and ate like a pig.) She's about 4" long.

Meet the newest Smith Reef inhabitant:

Attachments

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And then, I made it over to the other great LFS in town. He had a big shipment coming in, so all his LPS and softies were marked waaay down. (As in $24.99 down.) So I picked up a couple more. Having store credit is always nice. :)

I already had a pearl bubble, so this one is just a regular one. It just happens to be a HUGE regular one. :)

Attachments

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And one more. Ignore the sand - I made a bit of a mess rearranging everyone to fit. The lobo is actually brain-sized, too. :)

The more brains, the better. :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
49,211 Posts
Very Nice , Danielle, tho you may have to set the BRW alert mode on the home security system at highest setting. I know at least one sister that will be looking to be adopted, esp after this last move ;)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Very nice addition Danielle! I want a powder blue tang some day in my reef tank! Will be the last fish!:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
what a great shopping spree you had, Danielle! What beauties ;)

(cath droolin' with BRW/tank envy)

there's no need to up your security, Danielle, noo, not from the likes of me, or Alice or....

Uh oh..there's Casey showing pix of his tank again ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,707 Posts
Nice trip Danielle!
might i say , you have a beautiful Brain!;) (I'm sure Andrew tells you that ALL the time:D )
I'm sure you know, a "side effect" of cyanide poisoning is a great appetite,,,eats like crazy,,wastes away , due to damaged digest sys.,,
not saying that yours is drug caught,but just something to pass along here to let others be aware,:(
when i collected in the Keys,,(loooong time ago) and used a net/barrier net,,,always wondered in the back of my mind, if the fish i caught got "squirted" and got away from someone b4 me,,,:( .
i'm sure that tang will be and continue to be fat n sassy in your tank.
BTW: with myself having 24+ yrs as a electrician/technician at a steel mill(we all know the future of those:( )the thought of going back to school , becoming a nurse,,,retire with my 30 yrs. from the mill, and ride to work together with my wife(ER nurse) looks like a good idea,,with the nursing shortage and all.
seems the hospital industry can't figure out why nurses are so hard to find,,,they forgot about the way nurses are treated,the cutbacks they incurred,the burn-out factor and all,,,,
awww heck , i'll probably be a electrician at a hospital,,,
:rolleyes:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Your PBT is beautiful Danielle! They are one of my favorite fish, as someone pointed out ;)

Good deal on the corals too!

Alice

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys apparently don't know my security system that well. He slobbers on intruders. :) Besides, the BRW are always welcome here. (And we really do have 2 awesome LFSs!)

The PBT is still doing well today. She's slowly exploring, but isn't too bold just yet. I know that cyanide is a risk, but if it's a choice between one that's eating and one that isn't, I'll pick the eating one. I'll keep you posted.

Danielle

PS. Junkzoo, I had a little RN back me into a corner before I started med school with a not-so-subtle threat that if I wasn't nice to my nurses, she'd come back and haunt me forever. Needless to say, I worship my nursing staff. That, and they're an incredible resource! Go for it!

G

·
junkazoo, if you become a male nurse ill call you ****** ******* ******
Im not at all sure what that meant but I seriously doubt it will fly-Doug

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great Danielle! That bubble is huge. Have you watched it at night to see how long it's stingers are? Yikes!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.