The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blue devil damsel in a nano tank and I want to remove him because I have a new clown and he hasnt eaten in about 5 days... everytime I feed the damsel just intimidates the clown... Should I remove all the live rock and net him? If I do that I'm scared I would upset the clown in there. I am updating the tank on the 16th should I wait until then? Im scared of my clown passing :(

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Well I would take out the rock and net him. If he stresses the Clown to much, and doesn't let him eat. The Clown probably will fall to starvation or disease from the harassment.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would that stir up my sand to much? I dont know if I could get the placement right either.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
it would stir up your sand, but that in all cases is not a problem.. the problem would be if it is an old sandbed, if its not an old sand bed(over a year) then go ahead no worries.. as a matter of fact cleaning while the rocks are out is a good time to clean, and siphon..

if it is over a year old and nothing has ever been stirred up, then i would worry.. but damsel's can be a pain.. i had one for almost a year.. i tore my tank apart just to catch his little mean self and i put him in the frag tank.. then the screen on my pump failed and he got sucked in... i did feel bad but his was a 4 dollar test fish that lived thru a cycle..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright Ill start right now :) the tank is only 2 months old. I have a fish only tank Ima throw him in. the clowns more important to me :p Ill turn everything off for the night and then all back on in the morning right?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have two damsels in my 60 gallon I wouldn't get any more lol. They got great persoanilty but everyone is bigger besides the male clown, but the Mrs. keeps then in line around him. Awesome to watch the damsels mess with eachother, due on to others.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Success!!!!! and with minimum sand stirring :) I'm super happy now he is in a 45 gallon with a domino damsel... that should be the mistake tank :p
I like him but now when he's stressing my clown.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the clown is now nipping at food but spits it right out, any suggestions? Time?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some Marine flakes, I have some freeze dried bloodworms that I may try a little later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts