The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a large batch of frozen cyclo-peeze. It is supposed to be an excellent fish fry and coral food. I have read all the informal reviews (which are the ones I trust) and this food has not had one negative comment! I personally have tried it for several days and have noticed immediate polyp extension on many of my sps. As soon as I start introducing the food into the tank the corals "fluff" up and the fish go crazy. I have tried many of the others but I think this is far superior to golden pearls or other dry brands. I even like this better than live rotifers. My corals respond more. I currently have live phyto and rotifer cultures going and have been doing comparisons on coral response to feeding. I have compared the following foods for coral response: Live rotifers, dried "Golden Pearls" , Kent Marine "ZooPlex", Sweetwater zooplankton, Dried cyclo-peeze and frozen cyclo-peeze. As soon as the Cyclo-peeze product's were introduced there seemed to be an almost immediate response from the tank inhabitants. This included greater polyp extension on sps, and lps corals, anemones are full and health(er) and a voracious feeding response from fish,crabs and stars. I have two extra packages which I could bring to the next meeting if anyone is interested. They cost me about $40 a crack so that is what I would like to get. They are rather large for a standard tank so they could be split up if the quantity is to much for any one person. If anyone is interested please let me know and I will bring them.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
I would be interested in splitting with someone if anyone else is interested.

Stan, did you ever get my PM/email about landscaping and/or general contracting work?

Derek

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Stan -- I've heard good things about Cyclop-eeze from several people. I'd also like to try 1/2 a pack if you, or someone else, would be willing to split one with me. You'll be at the meeting this coming Thursday?

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
40 bucks a crack

how big is a crack ?

I might be curious, split with someone else ?

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derek I never got a PM. Just give me a call I will PM you with my Cell #. Let me know if it comes through.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Stan, got it, I'll try and call you in the next day or two. I could also bring some pics to the meeting (if I make it).

Thanks,
Derek

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
I'd be interested in splitting one with someone, but I can't make it to the meeting... :(

·
Registered
475 Posts
As an FYI, I've been using Cyclop-Eze for a while now, and I also like it very much. I would still recomend a wide variety of foods, but it works great to throw into your "Borneman style" mush if you do that.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i know this sounds pathetic but i would be interested in halfing a half if...aw screw it! #$%@ nano-i need a bigger tank so i can buy in normal reefer quantities!
rich

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
TG - I'll split a 1/2 of a 1/2 with you. I only need to feed a 20.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
sounds good assuming there's a half to split-we may be too late! wait n see i guess (and hound stan j/k:D)

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Just an FYI......in case Energy runs out and someone still wants some. The LFS in Rochester is carrying Cyclopeeze is the freezer bar size.

Jodi

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To make it easy on everyone I will take my chopsaw and cut this thing into smaller sizes. That way everyone can get a piece to try out at least. This is going to be the only way to split it up since it is one big block right now. With this stuff a little goes a long way. FYI I was reading the new Ultimate Marine Aquarium book by Michael S. Paletta and a few of the advanced hobbyists are using this product. BTW Bill's "North star Corals" tank looks as good as any listed in this book. Their is a 20,000 gallon tank which is the ultimate!

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
apparently there is only ONE lfs in Rochester ??

name of the LFS, or I could just kick StoneyReefer to bring some small block size when he comes up this week ?

I might not make it, not sure yet - I got a DARN ORAL SURGRY in the AM :(

StellaMN said:
Just an FYI......in case Energy runs out and someone still wants some. The LFS in Rochester is carrying Cyclopeeze is the freezer bar size.

Jodi

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Only one LFS in Rochester unless you call Petco a LFS....FishnPets....which is located just off of hwy 14 and hwy 63...

Jodi

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
TG - I can't make the meeting. If you do wind up getting any let me know and we'll figure out where to hook up if you still want to split.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts