The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And a bit in my main tank. It began about 3 weeks ago and has slowly progressed. :( I had 2 jawfish die a little over a month ago and that's when I began to notice the build up. Since the jawfish died in their holes I could not get them out. The cyano began to build around their hole and then disapeared for about a week. Now it's back. It's in my sump in the Caulerpa, and in some of the substrate in the main tank(I have about a 4" DSB). Also I have noticed a build up of bubbles comming from the inlet into the main system. I really don't understand what is going on. Water tests indicate that all levels are at zero. PH around 8.3. I am doing weekly water changes. I haven't had a problem like this on this before. Does anyone have any advice on this. The LFS reccomended I use a Red Sea slime remover but I'm leery of putting that into my tank. I thought I would consult this board first. Any info would be great.

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Hows your sand bed infauna, any bristleworms, hermits, copepods, thing that would expidite polishing off the corpses?
High nutrients, locked in algae cells , hence low readings. but with excess algae its there

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...I have a ton of hermits(maybe to many for my tank). I don't know how many bristleworms there are in my main tank, I know that there are some of those thin spaghetti like worms. As far as sifters, I have a cucumber and that's it. I have a sixline wrasse, that eats many of the infauna, although, I would say the overall population is decent. What about the Caulerpa in the sump? Should I move some hermits to the sump?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.