The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

I had fully intended to set up my 10gal mini reef when i moved ito my new apartment, but there are power problems here, and the power goes out at least 2-3 times a month, sometimes for hours on end. so, i just cant risk it-

For sale:

1 Custom Made Hardwood 10gallon Stand and Light Canopy
1 10 gal tank with the back painted deep sea blue
1 96w 10000k CSL power compact bulb , with ballast
Wiring, and Antec PC fan included. I custom wired the fan into the canopy so nothing shows. VERY quiet, and keeps the bulbs cool.
The canopy and stand really are beautiful and would make a great little set up. Its a shame i have to sell it, but oh well-
my loss your gain. I would REALLY prefer pickup, but i will be willing to enterain shipping options if the buyer isnt close enough.
Price is Best offer-

All interested persons , please contact me at [email protected]

Here are the pics-

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yea thats what I thought --- a pump/HOB and a fan on a UPS --- as long as you don't experience 24 hour black outs you shouldn't have any problems.

Thats a really nice looking setup --- would hate to give that one up. I had a 10 gal cutom oak stand and canopy stained cherry red once. I gave that one up and have regretted that decision ever since.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Even 24 hour blackouts the tank should be fine, unless your house warms up too much.

I've had tanks go 48 hours without too many problems, keeping the fish load low helps quite a bit

·
Registered
945 Posts
I tried to tell neal that he should go ahead and start it up even though it goes off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
reasons for selling tank

yes it would "probably" be ok if it went through a few power outages here and there, but i have other issues that influence my decision. I am about 6 k in debt right now, and some of that is from my old 75 g reef tank. Plus i have a new job that requires a lot more travel and time away from home. Bottom line is - the time just isnt right to do it. Perhaps again someday though when i have HUGE WADS of cash to blow.

so, who wants this thing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts