The Reef Tank banner

Custom Tank Stock List

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Pacific Blue 
#1 ·
Ok, a while ago it was an idea, now it is becoming reality and so I need to seriously look at what fish I'd be able to keep in this tank.

Tank Size in CM:
Length: 146
Height: 28
Width/depth: 46
My calculations come to 188L

I've been told it is longer than standard 188L tanks and closer in length to a 125 GALLON tank, but it loses the water volume due to it's height. How much does this matter in terms of stocking? I am planning to take things slow enough for me to purchase the very best possible equiptment - even if I have to import it across countries!

The fish I am currently looking at are:
2 Black and White Clowns
A Flame Angel
A shoal of Blue/Green Chromis (I was thinking 7 added at the same time once the tank is fully mature... 6 month mark?)

I was looking at making it a reef tank eventually, but with the Flame I don't know if I want to risk it... If it were to be a FOWLR are there any other fish I could add (preferably all smaller than the Flame Angel as I want that to be the 'centre' attraction of my tank) or is that pretty much pushing it as it is in terms of overstocking?

See less See more
#2 ·
flame angels and potters angels are the most reef safe in my opinion. but they all pick on rock work. and the chromis generally kill each other tell there is one left. a school of clowns would be cool. and if its a 6' tank, i would say add a few tangs.

#3 ·
oh and i did the math, and its 4'8" a 125 gallon is 6 feet, and a 100 gallon is 6 feet, but loses hight. and i think depth.

i think you have a very strange 55 gallon, but i cant do all the math right now. search for an tank calculator. i gota run, late for class.

#4 ·
49.7 U.S. gallons, which is approximately 193.4 liters.
thats no where near the size for a tang. but your list looks good..
your moms going to let you put up the tank, i see

#6 ·
thats okay, if you ask my mom, she will have no clue how many tanks are in my room.

#7 ·
49g will be tight for 7 chromis. As mentioned above, they will tend to beat each other up in tigher spaces until one remains. Definitely not big enough for tangs. The two clowns and the flame angel should be fine. As for what else to add, you can go with one chromis, anthia, or baslett, etc that swim in the middle of the tank. Even a few Allens Damsels would work. You could also get something that hangs out near the bottom like a firefish, goby, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.