The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I live in st augustine and am looking for someone to build a custom sump from acrylic. Do we have anyone local?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no that is the stands inside measurements. I could fit easily a 40x21 in there and i am thinking i may just get some glass and build it my self. Thank you for looking out though it is appreciated as i think i will out flow those tanks too easily.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had one of them under my 150g with an Eheim 1262 with dual returns. no issues. But I would go bigger if you have the room. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i see glasscages has a 65 wide that should fit the bill if a put a plywood under it to support the 3 extra inches in the width

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pick up a 40 breeder and add baffles. IMO/IME there's nothing about the design of a sump that warrants spending $300 on an acrylic one.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You can run whatever you want through a sump. I honestly don't know where the flow ratings on premade sumps come from. I had 1000gph going through a 10 gallon years ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i found one on CL for 75 bucks new, a little more than petco but i dont know when they have those sales and i dont see breeder tanks on their site so i wonder if they still carry them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I mean if you think about it whatever the pump is pushing out is what's draining, it's when the power cuts off and is there enough room for what you want to put in the sump that creates the too small problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts