The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 72" current usa compact....3x250 w...came home from work and the far left light wont come on...checked fuse, looked at buld ( dont know what i was looking at )....then turned off balast, gave it a hour and turned it back on....the bulb looks to have current going they it but it very weak, and ballast isnt making the Gerr/buzz noise when i turn it on....

any ideas...light was bought brand new in Feb of this year....

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have the 48" model in the same light....are you sure its not comming on?....I thought the same thing.....but on one side of these units.....the one light is so bright that the other one appears not to be lit....when really it is.....take out your brightest light and see if you can see the other lit....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 48" model in the same light....are you sure its not comming on?....I thought the same thing.....but on one side of these units.....the one light is so bright that the other one appears not to be lit....when really it is.....take out your brightest light and see if you can d=see the other lit....
Trust me in a 6' tank you can see if one not on...lol....

...Like i said, the buld is got a lighting bolt going threw it, but wount fullly light!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Trust me in a 6' tank you can see if one not on...lol....

...Like i said, the buld is got a lighting bolt going threw it, but wount fullly light!
OK....Just trying to help...I know my 48" looked like what I posted...minus the lighting bolt...lol...GooD LucK!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK....Just trying to help...I know my 48" looked like what I posted...minus the lighting bolt...lol...GooD LucK!
please dont take offense.....Thanks for the help. any kind of info right now would help. Dont wanna buy a $80 bulb if i dont have 2.......gonna check it again in am......might be a little gremlin in there...lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
please dont take offense.....Thanks for the help. any kind of info right now would help. Dont wanna buy a $80 bulb if i dont have 2.......gonna check it again in am......might be a little gremlin in there...lol
No offense taken...all is good...like I said just trying to help....

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
sounds like either the bulb is gone or the ballast is going. Easiest thing to try is the bulb first, and call Current to see about a replacement ballast.If they won't replace the ballast under warranty then I recommend upgrading to a better ballast anyway. The current ballasts aren't really the greatest and you will get better performance out of an Icecap or Galaxy anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts