The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..
New to this forum and just setting up my new tank 110g reef. I´m a bit confused when it comes to all the advice you read on the net about curing your rock. Uncured or cured? Scrubbing or not? Curing with or without livestock? In a different aquarium or bucket?
Time frame?
I have the following equipment:
T5 fluorescent anodized lamp 8 x 39w + moonlight
Sump 80 x 40 x 40
Turboflotor Blue 3000 skimmer
Re-circulation pump 2200l/hour
Reverse osmosis 150liter/day

I am planning on stocking the tank with 3 green chromis, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish,2 Ignitus Anthias, 1 powder blue tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 pyramid butterfly, 1 green clown goby, 1 royal gamma, 1 catalina goby and corals.

Any advice on the equipment? Is that enough filtration for the stock?

I am relatively new to the hobby, so I would appreciate any kind of comments.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you get uncured livge rock don't put it in the tank with livestock. It could cause a spike and kill them. You need to either get cured rock or cure it yourself. I cured mine in my tank before i put anything in there. But I wouldn't do it again. I would just use a Brute garbage can or something. All you need is a pump to move the water and a heater. You can put a skimmer in there if you can work it that way. But you don't need 1. Then you have to keep doing water changes and shaking the debry offf of the rock. I would aslo give it a scrub when you do the water changes. The point is to get all of the organic debry and die off, off of the rock so its not messing up your tank water once you piut it in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts