The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some maitnence in my tank today, and I rolled a medium sized piece of LR on one of my Acropora. Needless to say, some of the branches were broken. A couple of questions. Will the acro heal in the main tank or should I remove it? Has any one had a similar situation like this? Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
Toadfish,
What you had happen in your tank happens all the time on a real reef. Hurricanes and wave action break corals all the time. The result is natural propagation. They should be fine. And yes, super glue works great. Bob

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Ditto to everything said so far! You will have several Acro's instead of just one now!:)

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Just don't glue your fingers together... (I'm famous for that...) :rolleyes:

Jenn

·
Registered
126 Posts
Toadfish, this happens so much with me, so I will take the broken tips, branches or whatever and super glue "gel" the pieces to either another spot in the tank or even glue them onto pieces of rock rubble and off to the frag tank they go. Make sure the broken spots of the colony heal as they should. In my 180g I can make frags and within the week the fragged area has healed and started a new bud for a branch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts