The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Clint! I like my clams in the rock work! They can get a better hold that way although you can place a shell or flat rock under your clam and place it on the sand and then if you decide to move it you can! Here is a pic I call the Clam Cove!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Crocea clams are actually the species of giant clams that are known for burrowing into the rocks in the wild. I doubt one would do that in our home reefs but my crocea's are happiest in the rocks on clam half shells. That way they are more apt to feel anchored and not about to fall off a rock.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Sue Truett said:
...the species of giant clams that are known for burrowing into the rocks in the wild...
You would do well to modify a piece of LR to accomodate your clams by boring a hole/pit in the rock for your clams. Use a dremel tool or a cordless drill with a rasp attached to a rod to do this. I have a few pix here somewhere of rocks modified for this purpose, I will post them later if I find them.

btw Sue, thanks for the heads up on the Fenner/Calfo book, great little (ha! :D ) resource.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts