1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going all Ice cap,

• (2) 90watt Icecap VHO ACTINIC
• (1) 250watt Icecap Metal Halide w/ 10k German Bulb

Was thinking of eitehr Icecap or possibly Hamilton for MH.

This will be going over a 36x18x20 Tank.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have almost the same setup going into my tank, though I'm going with 4x55w Actinic 03 PC lights rather than VHO's, and I ordered the 250w 10K Ushio (german) bulb. I'll just be running the bulb off a standard magnetic ballast, though I may replace that in the future with an Icecap if I have trouble with the heat generated by it.
This will be over a 36w"x24h"x15d" tank, just about the size of yours.
I know this is a little late (almost a month later), but if you would like a photo once I get it installed I would be more than happy to post one if you're still interested.

David.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will put some pics up later of teh install. I am in the middle of it now. I actually went with 2 - 250 MH Ice Cap Electronic Ballasts with 10k Ushios and 2 - 75watt URI VHOS to a Ice Cap 430 Ballasts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Lookin good there! :beer:
I just got mine installed last night... I just love the Ushio/Actinic combination.
I never realized just how much brighter a halide lamp is than what I was using... like night and day difference... ;)
I also got the reflector from Hellolights, but it ended up not fitting right, so I just made a huge reflector that covered the whole roof of the canopy out of aluminum flashing... worked like a charm.
I like the ricordias in your avatar too... hope to get some of those myself sometime soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.