The Reef Tank banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I used Garlic Guard, a garlic additive on my brine shrimp and or mysis to train mine. They pick up on the scent of it in the water column and relate it to feeding. They're by far my favorite corals, 100+ heads of yellows and blacks. Feel free to visit my site and check out my albums. Congrats on the tank it looks great.

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I used Garlic Guard, a garlic additive on my brine shrimp and or mysis to train mine. They pick up on the scent of it in the water column and relate it to feeding. They're by far my favorite corals, 100+ heads of yellows and blacks. Feel free to visit my site and check out my albums. Congrats on the tank it looks great.
Thank you. I never use the garlic before. The way I do is spray a little be of phyto-feast or Oyster feast around, and the tentacles start coming up a few minutes after that, then I feed with a mix of chopped Krill, mysis and reef plackton. I don't have a 100 heads, so I prefer to do target feeding to every mouth and avoid to foul my water quality.
My LFS have an amazing bicolor tubastrea sp. with the tentacles on mint and gold colors. Is a kind of wild aussie sun coral they said and I never saw anything like that before, but they are asking $450 for that piece of coral (about 10 heads) :eek:

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If you get a chance grab a pic of that, I'd love to see it. Do they have a website ?
The store is kind of far from where I live, and don't visit them very often; but the store's name is Neptune Aquatic, located in Milpitas, California. I also was browsing for pictures of that type of sun coral but I don't found anything that looks close to it. It's trully amazing.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.