The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got up this morning and turned the tank lights on and low and behold this weird creature from the deep..........it has a long body like a worm and has these long hair like arms about 20 of them and she had hatched about 100 babies on the glass im going to attach a pic but she is see through.........and the only way i can even get a pic of her is sidewise and not a good one

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All the white spots on the glass are her babies...........

·
Super Moderator
27,666 Posts
Ewww...wonder what in the world that is, Maria?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea it scared me this morning it is only about maybe 2inchs long with all these waving hair like arms and is white and the tail has some brown and red in it.............it crawled like a worm or snail and went into the sand when i turned the lights on

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The babies are still clinging to the glass and are small with wavy arms.......kinda green

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Hmm..from the side, it looks kind of like maybe some sort of spaghetti worm. the 20 hair like arms would be it's tenticles. Were they coming ouf the same spot on the body?

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I am thinking it might be a spaghetti worm. I will see if I can find a pic of one I had on my glass and you can compare.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
"AMAZING WHAT WE KEEP IN OUR GLASS BOXES":D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well Maria that gotta make you feel better knowing what you have and that it is beneficial to your DSB infauna! Congrats!:)

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Yep. I love seeing spaghetti worms in my tank. :) Here is a pic of mine that was on the glass once.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
And Jeremey you are the one that wants a home in the reef? You would have creepy crawly things like that all around the place!:eek:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea that is sorta what it looked like but it was white and clear

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
They come in different colors. Pending on what family they are coming from. :) I think the two main families are the tereblids, and the curriculids. Or something like that. heh heh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts