The Reef Tank banner

Crazy Jewel Puffer

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Cd100 
#1 ·
Hi,
Just thought I would share this with you as it involves Puffers, Clowns and Yellow tailed Damsels.
I have an established setup which up to yesterday housed my 2 beatiful clowns and 1 ytd, along with lots of CUC.
I found a tiny Jewel puffer at my Lfs so started researching him as I wanted him. I was told that he might nip at a few corals, and would possibly take out the smaller snails. I bought him home, he settled nicely. I was told he may not eat, but he had squid and krill for dinner. Cute.
Then he ate 2 snails, tore a hermit from it's shell and attacked both of my Clowns..tearing the tail off of one and taking 2 chunks out of the other's fin. The good bit about this story is that my brave little ytd lay next to my injured clown on the sand and protected it from the puffer while I frantically searched for my net!
The clowns are now in a separate tank. One is starting to recover, the other is obviously very stressed and just laying on the sand....hope he's ok and gets better soon. Puffer is still in with ytd..they seem ok together but he's going back tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.