The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was a hitchhiker that came with a coral I bought yesterday from the frag swap I went to. I think that is where he came from anyhow as thats the pieces he was found on but we did also buy rock from someone later that night. Anyhow pics of him are below and the green one in with him is my emerald. I believe he may be a red emerald but want to be sure so asking for help. I just want to know for sure what he is before I put him in to my tank is why I am concerned! First pic is him alone and second one is of him with my emerald. He is redish purple in cololr but pics don't do justice due to cell phone.

Attachments

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
hard to tell with the poor quality of the photo. Is there any chance of you posting a better image on some white background?

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
If it has claws that are a bit snubbed that is a good indication it is an emerald (but not a guarantee) but if it has pointier claws it is likely predatory. I can only speak in generalities w/o being able to see it more clearly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.