The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is more of a filtration question and should have addressed it there, but this seems to get more traffic. ok i have a cpr sr2 p/s and was wondering if anyone new of a way to enhance it's performance? mods? supercharger? nitro? what???
also the rio 600 pump, has two elbows currently i have one airline hooked in to one of the elbows, should i hook up another airline to the extra elbow?
last question the intake tube has a fitting the looks like a airline fitting, but when the skimmer is running it spits out a ton of microbubbles, should i put an air line on that and pinch the end of the airline basically closing it off, or should i just slap another air ine there? and hope for it to work as a super venturi valve?

thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
the 2nd port on the pump gets connected to the venturi port on the output, and place a plastic adjustable needle valve on the remaining hose to control the air into the pump;)
:confused:as for modifing it :idea:i would thing making a different collection cup would be a great impovement.
the micro bubbles are common and are sometimes produced by tension in the water, this happens on a new tank where the water isn't seasoned enough. cpr has an open and helpful forum on thier website cprusa.com. you can search there, or post a thread their, and a customer rep will reply.
gl!
:cool:

a bds 14-7-1 supercharder might werk well for a pump mod, now that i think about it, with bottle fed utlra pure compressed air at 1800 psi, regulated down to a usable 150psi, injected into a carbonfiber manifold would do the trick!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.