The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this Cowry for over 2 months, he is about 2 or so inches long, nice shiny shell and only comes out at night and hangs around in the early hours in the morning. Well, this morning I noticed him near/kinda on one of my Zoa Colonies. Thought nothing of it until I turned my lights on, did a water change and noticed that ALL of them were gone. This was a nice 3-4" piece of rock covered in the Zoas. The only ones still left were a few on the underside of the rock. Nearby I had a small frag maybe an inch or less- gone too. I have several more that it has not gotten to, but I am tempted to move him to my other tank, which has been curing rock for the last 5 months. The water params are fine. And I am about to relocate the other tank and set it up in my office. From what I read they make good jewelry and some are edible. Keeping my options open...:rolleyes:

Has anyone had this problem? He hasn't messed with any other corals, but I have been feeding the tank a lot less, maybe he's hungry?

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
I have found a couple of instances where they will eat zoos. How large is your cowry?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's about 2" or so inches from front to back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I moved him to my QT tank for now, until I figure this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts