The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my go at the Fish Store las night and he said
that a Cowfish would be OK in a reef tank, sd that alot of people
exaggerate when they talk about Cowfish or Boxfish, the high majority of the time they will be fine...What does everyone think?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the site also if anyone is interested!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeeeee Wizzzzzzz I forgot it again...

reefstore.com

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I've had a number of people tell me that the cowfish/boxfish in their tank was just the exception. That usually they will eat corals. I personally don't have a box/cow fish and really want one in my reef. I go over to my lfs a lot and help, he is a kool guy. Oh and since u live in springfield, Aquatic World in Leesburg isn't so far away! It's an awsome store. BUt anyways, I'm going to try to get him to hold the fish in one of his tanks with corals, to see if it is reef safe! But just play it safe!
Austin

·
Maltese Reefer
490 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about cowfish except that my wife wants one and I keep telling her no!! hehe. Here is one link I found while researching, looked like it had good info on keeping cowfish.
www.cowfishes.com I would keep one if it was going to be the only thing in the tank.
Alan
:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another thing to think about when putting a Cowfish in the tank is the amount of food they eat. They are constant scavengers. If you don't feed them enough they will go out and find the food for themselves...whether it is you prized zoos or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.