The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The COVID-19 crisis has taken a psychological toll on people of all ages, but one group especially affected is teenagers. School closures and enforced social distancing have cut off many teens from major means of psychological support, putting them at higher risk of developing anxiety and depression. This only shows how important socialization is to us.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,333 Posts
I would advise them to get out and go to work. That will give them confidence and social skills that would put them ahead of the pack. They are paying top wages these days for entry level jobs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would advise them to get out and go to work. That will give them confidence and social skills that would put them ahead of the pack. They are paying top wages these days for entry level jobs.
I agree, that must be the top priority!

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
It’s a good point, but when it comes to a 14 year old that not really an option. Most places you have to be 16 and have a letter from the school.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It’s a good point, but when it comes to a 14 year old that not really an option. Most places you have to be 16 and have a letter from the school.
And they are the ages that were mostly affected by this because of their inaccessibility to work. The lockdowns really causing loneliness in them that leads to depression, stress, and anxiety. These ages 14-16 years mostly are just hanging out with friends during normal days.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Precisely! pandemic has upended family life around the world. It's a lot to navigate for anyone, but especially for parents.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And they are the ages that were mostly affected by this because of their inaccessibility to work. The lockdowns really causing loneliness in them that leads to depression, stress, and anxiety. These ages 14-16 years mostly are just hanging out with friends during normal days.
Very well said, undesiredartles! Notice the importance of socialization that is taken away from us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts