The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks,

Here's my latest predicament. Last night I bungled and broke one of my Actinics. I am using 96W PC lighting. I have a total of 4 bulbs. 2 Actinic and 2 Daylight and the other Actinic needs to be replaced. I'd also like to get Nassarius snails and a Fighting Conch and some LS. Needless to say $$ is an issue. Can the Actinics wait for a while as I have only one renegade shroom in there now and nothing else?

Also, is there a preferrred source for Livestock on the net besides the obvious Premium and what used to be FFexpress?

I also remember a thread quite some time ago that had a site with really good deals on lighting. Anyone have that site as well??

Thanks for all the hand holding and support!

:D

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
for your critters i would suggest www.etropicals.com if you spend more the $60 the shipping is free.

i do not know anything about the lights. i would try www.premiumaquatics.com, but other than that i have nothing.

G~

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
only sites i remember having good prices on lights was premiumaquatics and hellolights but HL isn't a sponsor :( they SHOULD be as much as they are talked about here.

i think you should be fine without some actinics for a while, since you only have the few renegade shrooms :D i know some people never use actinics. i have them on my tank, simply for a gradual light change for the fish.

but it sounds like you still have one unbroken actinic, i'd say you're fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.