The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 2 pics of the problems Im having with my CSS 220. First pic shows a drip that I can not seem to stop. You can see the drip in the center of the pic. The next pic show some of the splashing Im having. Its not as bad as it was before after I raised the foam to the top, but there is still some splashing.(Is this normal?) Any ideas on how I can solve these problems?
Thanks....

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
My 125 dripped in the same place, I put a little Teflon tape around it
And it stopped the drip but I don’t think it will ever come apart without
Some serious work, as for the splashing I have not had that problem,
How deep is your diffuser box in the water you might try rasing it up

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. After reading the manual again, it states to have the box .25" out of the water. Just about the whole box is to be submerged. Ive noticed another leak. Its where the elbow goes into the body of the skimmer.(See pic.) I have a nice leak going on there, but it drains back into the tank. There is another area that leaks on the other side of where the pen is.(Same tube.) Im starting to wonder If I got a bum skimmer. It seems to leak everywhere......:confused:

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
at Home Depot there is a silly cone tape that is used for leaks just like you are seeing. it is a super stretchy tape that you tightly wrap around these areas and it seals them. i found it on the end of one plumbing aisles, so it might be a hit or miss thing. i threw away the bubble container, so i can not give you an exact name. :(

G~

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used harman suggestion...Thanks harman. and the Teflon tape fixed the one leak. I'll check with HD on the other leak...
Thanks for your reply guys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts