The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to master my camera lately with help of numerous threads and sites. Lucky for me melev has the exact same camera and his site helped a bunch too. Just thought I'd post a couple. The first pic is the Blue Tort I got at the meeting. I'm such a sucker, I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything but I've been wanting a blue tort for a while. Any comments are always appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is a nice piece Goldstripe! You're making me want the other piece that was left!

Now I wish we would have taken some shots of my tank yesterday.....

Nice work with the camera, what else do you have shots of??

Sea ya....Sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh the thumbnail, you go to the very bottom under advanced posting and add an attachment...instead of linking an IMG...

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip Sam. Will be posting some more stuff now that I know how to do it.

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ocnreef. I waited till the end of the meeting and it was still there so it must have been fate. I think it will color up even better once he gets used to the tank/lights

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Loverotties!! Getting the hang of the camera finally. I've only had it 4 years! lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice Pics Dan!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice pictures Goldstripe. What camera do you use?

Jay

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Nice pictures. Good mix of SPS. LPS and some nice zoos.

FWIW- I go the same camera as Palegic Magic, the Cannon A620 and I still have not taken any "good" pictures. he seems to have the hand of it though.

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. Fishyren, judging from your 55 that I saw many moons ago, I'm sure the new tank is fabulous!

Jay357, the camera is an outdated Fuji FinePix S602 Zoom. Not a true SLR but has many of the same features. I can also add a wide angle or telephoto lens to it. I really want to try that but I'm also thinking of upgrading to a true SLR sometime.

By the way, all of these pics were taken with auto white balance, aperture priority mode. F2.8 and exposure compensation (+/-) set back 3 notches. I just resized them, no color enhancements. Usually I end up hacking the picture up if I try that stuff.

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes Pelagic seems to have mastered the technique and he is in part my motivation to learn how to use mine...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow those are pretty, is the last picture elegance? Whatever it is, they are really nice. Torts are my favorite too and you got a nice branching piece. Dont let anything touch it especially milli cause it will kill it instantly.
At the meeting,I meant to tell you that the maximas didnt do that great under the T5's, I moved them back to the halides. The croceas are doing great under the T5's though as well as the zoos and blastos. I am finding out that LPS and softies do well under these lights but the SPS I am sticking to the halides.
These new LED's are very interesting I am anxious for the Feb. meeting to see how well they are growing stuff.
Carrie

·
Certifiable Tank Driller
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks a lot Carrie. Actually the last pic is Galaxia which, about 6-7 months ago was down to just 4-5 polyps due to an algae outbreak. It looks a little weird for galaxia in that pic though, probably because the sweepers are out to long. I wanna know what the 2nd picture is (1st one in the first group of three). I have no idea yet but I think it's some type of SPS.

With regard to T5's, I think it's all about the placement of the corals. I've seen tanks that were simply stunning with only T5's. I think the last time I saw your tank, there was a bunch of stuff moved into the bowfront temporarily. My new tank will have 2x250's MH and 4x54 T5's so I think I'll be fine as far as lighting goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts