The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've avoided coming out here as of late.

A couple of weeks ago we cleaned out the seahorse tank. I think we stirred up too much and over a few days we lost two of the babies. :cry:

Just the other day I got up and found the last baby tail first in the overflow. She was gone already so I have no idea if she died there cuz she was stuck or what.

I still have the one. Breaks my heart into a thousand pieces. It was so hard to find the baby gone and then I had to teach school to our 6 year old son like nothing happened.

As much as I love them, losing them just rips my heart out.

So, I have a tank with one large Kelloggi (sp?). I have a few softies. I was just wondering if ya'll had an idea of what I could do with it.

It's a 50 gal acrylic. I like the ricordia and such. I just need to find safe things for my last seahorse.

Thanks in advance ya'll! Oh and pics are helpful. I one of those "visual aid types" LOL!!!

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Are you not planning on replacing the sea horses?

Anyways, you could do a zoa farm, or ricordia. I kind of want to do something like that, but I'd have to set up another tank to pull it off.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
I can help out with a few Colorful Rics in the future, I just have to frag the ones I have... next time we all get together I should be able to get a you a few of the Florida's...Sorry for the losses, I hope the last horse does well. I wouldn't jump off that saddle yet, getting the husbandry down for keeping horses can be rough...

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Gorgonians are really cool
Maybe even a SW planted tank with lots of different macro algaes

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can help out with a few Colorful Rics in the future, I just have to frag the ones I have... next time we all get together I should be able to get a you a few of the Florida's...Sorry for the losses, I hope the last horse does well. I wouldn't jump off that saddle yet, getting the husbandry down for keeping horses can be rough...
Aww, thanks Tony. The one I have I've had for three years. They really don't like their environment stirred up and we really stirred it up a lot!

I like the idea of rics. I really think that's the way I'm gonna go. I like mushrooms too.

Thank you all for your condolences. Really, they are very easy to keep. It was the whole cleaning thing that did it. I should've caught them and put them in a sep. tank until everything settled. It was really my fault cuz I wasn't thinking.

I love to aggrivate Michael. :p But really he did nothing wrong. He was as upset as I was.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey sweetie, don't lose heart. We can try to make it better and put more cleaners in the system. I would like to see it transformed into something like Heinz has someday. Check out his thread, especially where I asked the questions about his Seahorse system. http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f7/hmas-115-gal-reef-tank-118102.html

:)
uh uh. I don't think so. I can't stand to lose them. Thanks though sweetie.

We'll grow some nice softies in there, okay? Remember, our clowns still need a lovie.:agree:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts