The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll soon be starting a 24gal Aquapod (if it ever gets here). As many of you know this tank was my replacement for my 50 gal because I wanted something all-inclusive that would mainly house clowns, zoas, and shrooms. I'd like to keep a torch or something eventually that my clowns could host, because I know I can't keep any anemone. I'd really like to know what corals besides zoa's and shrooms I could house. Again I'm trying to go as hassle-free as possible here. Also, I'm looking for as much COLOR as possible as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
green star polyps, hammer coral maybe, some ricordia (i believe thats a type of shroom.)

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I have a torch coral(mine looks like frogspawn maybe lfs misidentified), hammer coral, srooms, zenia, star polup. The hammer is new only a week and hasn't opened up completely but it has good color.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i guess the real question jipps is what kinda lights does the tank have? and what do you want to keep?

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
You should be able to keep a frogspawn, they have very good coloring and are pretty hardy. I've had mine under PC's for almost 1.5 yrs. and it has grown (split) two additional heads. Also, I don't feed it or add anything special for it, low maintenance.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you should be able to keep a hammer, or a candy cane. those have pretty ygood color, i would place them higher in the tank. with medium flow, and (some one correct me if im wrong) but i think the hammer needs a 6" radius around it for sweeper tentacles, and the candy cane about 2" most lps have aggresive behaviors, so do a little reasearch before you buy so you know if you have the space.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Not sure but I think hammer likes less flow. Still trying to figure that out. They are beautiful when open. Still waiting on mine to open back up he's tempermental.:banana: :dance: I also like feather dusters. here's a pic

Ps yes I know its a worm and not a coral but I think they look great in the tank.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts