The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
i'm having the same exact issue with my tank. all of a sudden after 5 months my substrate started looking the same as yours. i started a thread a few weeks back if you wanna check out some members posts. i'm still battling this issue and have tried everything recommended to me.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Has this tank been set up for a while? If you just rearranged the rockwork and that rock in the 1st pic was recently flipped over, it could be the start to some bubble or similar nasty algae. I just moved my tank and 1 rock that was pure white from the bottom before started turning yellow, then green and in a week's time ugly. Now i am back to doing WC's and getting my nitrates back since i am going through a mini cycle since the move. Good luck and hopefully it's just coraline.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have rearranged the rock recently but nothing major. the two rocks that have the the green on them are fairly new. this tank has been set up for about 8-9 months but a good majority of sand and rock came strait from my last tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have that same thing and i was wondering what is was but i dont know if it could be coralline because my tank has only been up for about Six and a half weeks. Could my tank be esablished enough for coralline algae to growing????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts