The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of this fixture for a 40 gal tank 13 in high to keep zoes in? Has 2 96 watt eac PC bulbs in it one white one blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is ok but for me zoos always kept there best color under halides. if you had 4 PC then great 40 breeder is a wide tank. OK back to work now. =)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott welcome to TRT,The tank is custom built it is 18"
wide,Im afraid Mh might heat the water up to much.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I do have a strip that has 2 t5s in it also I could add sitting behind this one hummmm.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
I have the 2 x 65w as part of the lights on the 95 Casey I've not had any problems with it

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I like coralife fixtures, I had two of them and worked good for me.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys I have been hearing good things about them.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VWD said:
Also check into the current 2 X 36 inch light, I like them better then the coralife fixture.
Vince you got a link,why do you like them better?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
I'm with Vince on this one. Coralife makes a decent fixture, but IMO the Current USA is built better. Wattage etc. is the same but I like Current's lamps better. Dual Daylight 6700K/10,000K and Dual Actinic 420/460 nanometers is a nicer appearing light.

Both companies stand behind their products, but I definitely prefer Current USA - like I said the fixture is built better, sturdier. Current costs a few dollars more, but Coralife doesn't include the little 'feet' for the fixture and Current does. Coralife's "feet" are brittle and break easily - Current's don't. By the time you buy a set of feet and a set or two of replacement feet on the Coralife, you will have paid the same as the Current ;)

Jenn

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
i took jennm's advice a month or so ago and bought the current orbit 48"light. i have been EXTREMELY happy with it! and for an angry person like myself that is saying alot.

ANGRY GARY

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
LOL Gary! Glad you're happy with it :) (no I didn't sell it to him - just made a similar recommendation).

I really like Current's customer service. I know that in the unlikely event I have a warranty issue, I can call or email Mike over at Current and the problem is always resolved, pronto. I've even had Mike help me solve issues for customers who didn't buy their equipment from me - they are always willing to help and customer satisfaction is very important to them - that carries a ton of weight with me. Quality product is one thing but the fact that they stand behind it after the sale is equally important.

Coralife is good with this type of thing too, but IMO Current is the best.

Jenn

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys current it is then:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Vince I will order it tonight.:):thumbup:

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
I have the Coralife one with the moons with itI like it alotI disagree with Jenn .I have the hindge legs and they are the farthes thing from flimsy!I like the hood also it has 3 water resistant switchs that are on the back so you could attach it to a canopyand you could still get to the switches.I mite try the current bulbs ,but have no problem with the 96w coralife ones.I also like the 2 fans which come on when the 10K go on!

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok got the current fixture in today,first impression is its kinda ugly plain black,plugged it in and the blue actinic doesnt work swaped the bulbs around and it still doesnt work but the white bulb does ,so the blue bulb is bad,will have to try to get it replaced now,the legs are very flimsy and cheap feeling to me,The Coralifes legs are better,it only has 1 fan and 1 monnlight white that doesnt do much so far im not that impressed with Current,will post pics for you when ever I get a bulb that will work blue in it,will deal with that headache tomorrow I guess.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts