The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i'm back with another question for my 75 gallon reef. Would anyone be able to tell me what kind of ballast the coralife aqualight elite has. Also the ANSI code I believe. Another question is that this fixture comes with metal halides and 2 actinic pc's but no moonlights, would anyone be able to recommend how I would go about putting moonlights on this. Thanks!

Here is the fixture I'm looking at, what kind of bulbs for the metal halide could I use other than the stock ones.

http://www.marineandreef.com/Aqualight_Elite_Series_2x175_Watt_72_inch_Coralife_p/res56010.htm

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Unless they have changed recently, Coralife uses a magnetic ballast for their fixtures.

The Elite fixture uses SE (mogul) bulbs and any SE MH bulb will fit. However, some of the good bulbs available now require an electronic ballast to get the right color from them.

The Coralife Elite fixture doesn't use a good reflector for the MH bulb either. The bulb just mounts between the PC's and a single reflector fit to the inside of the enclosure covers all the bulbs.

Unless, you are really stuck on buying that fixture, I'd keep shopping around. The Aqualight Pro comes with moonlights and uses DE (double ended) bulbs. However, it still uses a magnetic ballast just like the Elite fixture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts