The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this frag of candy cane coral free But it has a damaged spot, Will it recover and what can I do to improve it's chances. Pic attached, The pic does not represent the true colors by the way, it's a flourescent green, Myu flash turned it brown in the pic,

JD

Attachments

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Candy canes can regenerate pretty quickly...within weeks, ime. If it is happy in the tank, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the info. all params are good, O ammonia nitrite 0 nitrte 0 phos 0, calc 480 alk 12, So I should be good, I hope Ireally like them,;)Thx

jd

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Where are they place in your tank? High, medium, or low?
They are really cool corals. I have the flourescent green ones too... they are an interesting coral with their feeders coming out and them puffing up. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are medium to low on the side of the tank that doesn't get the full metal halide. if that makes sense. It expands well. I was just hoping it would recover and not kill the entire double head. I'll keep every one posted, he books recomend a weekly baby brine shrimp feeding, Any recomends otherwise???

jd

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
it looks like only one head is cut, if something turns for the worse, chances are only that one will die, and the other can live and split and split and split. so you should be fine either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts