The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Growin On Dat Reefa
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread I hope to get sum feedback on different techniques on the process of fragging. SPS seems pretty simple... Or isn't it? Certain LPS specimens? Guess you pretty much gotta wait on polyps? What about small mushrooms? I've heard of people slicing them at their base n attaching them sumhow (coraffix maybe?) to wherever they desire in their display. For instance I have a leather mushroom about 5" tall on this pitiful small piece of rock. I got it wedged between two rocks. I would love to move him on a much larger foundation. Is all this done in the display? Or do I need to pull some water out with a heater n operate outside the display? I know leather mushrooms release toxins so I don't wanna piss him off. Hope this thread pulls in some business!

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Any time you cut a Leather you need to take it out of the DT. Can I ask why you don't just glue the small rubble to a bigger rock? It will grow around the rack with time.

i can give you some insight on cutting up mushrooms. When I do it I cut across the base as close to the rock as possible. The little bit that is left usually will grow in to another mushroom. Then the bigger piece you have cut can be stuck in a glass with some rubble and will attach on its own.

This really can apply to a lot of soft corals, I have some pics in "my images" of some different stages of fragging. Also I would be glad to share some video of fragging if you are interested. Just let me know what you want to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts