The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea well I bought a pulsing xenia frag and out seemed to be doing well untill I see that it looked like it was sick... I turned on the actinic today and saw some strange hitch hicker kinda looks like tentacles almost like a torch coral or some type of anemone ill just post a picture its kinda blury but you can still kinda see the tentacles above xenia

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I can't see anything in the pic, too distorted, however, just a guess would be an Aiptastia or Majano, in either case, it should be killed off.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes indeed.....it appears to be a Majano. Use some "Joes' Juice" to kill it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the best way to get rid of Aiptastia or Majano that i have is the file fish! plus they look pretty cool almost like a cameleon how they blend itnto the enviroment

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Is their another way to remove like by possible taking a knife and scrape off the rock?
No. By trying to scrape it off you can't get to the "root" deep in the rock. You can pull it out like you did and put drops of lemon juice right in the mouth (center) of the creature or boiling water but the boiling water can be problematic if it gets on the other coral.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts