The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I havent seen an improvement in my hammer coral. I purchased this coral (aswell as a frogspawn, dendro, & hammer coral) about a month and a half ago all at the same time. Everything else seems to be doing fine. I moved coral a few times around with no change. Its in slow/med current. My water parameters have been stable. I started off with low Cal/Alk because of the salt i use (Instant Ocean Sea Salt - The purple lid one). Here are my parameters:
Temp: 80
Salinity:1.025
Nitrates: lower then 2ppm
Cal: 400
dKH: 9
Mg: 1350
Phosphates:0

Any suggestions why it looks like this shrub? When I got it, the first week it was basically a carpet of tenticles. Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

·
Sponge
2,333 Posts
What type of test kit are you using? Some can show false readings and really be higher or lower than what they are. And I agree with Cody, depending on what type of lights you have, it may not be happy with the amount it's getting. I'm having the same trouble with my torch, but I've narrowed it down to nitrates being as mine were a little high. And I installed a grounding probe. I've seen much improvement over the past week with my tank after doing both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts