The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.
For my tank (20g long w/ 130watts of light)
would I be able to keep:
Candy Cane
or
Orange/Purple Digi's?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Quo vadis, Domini.
469 Posts
I've got a 20 high with 130 watt PCs (10,000K daylight and dual actinic). My Candy-Canes are about 7-8" below the lights and are doing well.

Don't know about Digis but I have a growing Blue Ridge several inches lower than the CCs. I'm going to try Bird's Nest or Monti Caps later (as soon as I get up the nerve to frag the Blue Ridge). :(

You could keep a condy anemone as long as you keep your water clean. My local LFS owner has a bubble tip in a 70 gallon below 260 watts of PC and it's fairly low in the tank but we haven't seen any real growth in the 6 months he's had it.

I wouldn't suggest trying to keep 'nems with corals anyway. Anemones tend to move around in order to find a spot that suits them and can sting anything they encounter on the way. I kept a condy for years (under NO lighting) in this tank but nothing (palythoas nor 'shrooms ) could grow anywhere near it.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a 20 high with 130 watt PCs (10,000K daylight and dual actinic). My Candy-Canes are about 7-8" below the lights and are doing well.

Don't know about Digis but I have a growing Blue Ridge several inches lower than the CCs. I'm going to try Bird's Nest or Monti Caps later (as soon as I get up the nerve to frag the Blue Ridge). :(

You could keep a condy anemone as long as you keep your water clean. My local LFS owner has a bubble tip in a 70 gallon below 260 watts of PC and it's fairly low in the tank but we haven't seen any real growth in the 6 months he's had it.

I wouldn't suggest trying to keep 'nems with corals anyway. Anemones tend to move around in order to find a spot that suits them and can sting anything they encounter on the way. I kept a condy for years (under NO lighting) in this tank but nothing (palythoas nor 'shrooms ) could grow anywhere near it.
How many " tall is your tank?
and you said your candy cane is 7-8" below the light or beelow the water?

·
Quo vadis, Domini.
469 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts