The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a lobophyllia and a plerogyra that seem to be begging to be fed, feeding tentacles out almost nightly, but I haven't clue what to offer them.

I'd really like to know what those of you who do feed your corals use for that purpose. I'd like to avoid the hassle of culturing some esoteric critter if possible.

At the same time, I'm also a bit concerned about putting too much in the way of additional organics in the water, so any advice re: how much, how often, and what techniques to use would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Bert

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bert, with the LPS, I feed mine once every 9 or 10 days with Zooplex, by Kent. Usually have a needleless syringe, direct target feeding up current from them. Then a capfull dumped in the tank once I'm done feeding each one separatly. I know this is probably too much, but water quality is still awesome. They also snag frozen foods I feed the fish in my tank once in a while. Otherwise, good lighting should be sufficient to keep them. My Torches and Frogspawns have nearly doubled in size since I got them two months ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts