The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a torch, a hammer and a frogspawn for my first corals are these corals compatible????

·
11,345 Posts
my torch is currently touching my hammer with no issues.
very few absolutes in this hobby. If corals grow into each other vs being placed next to each other they have a much better chance of tolerating it.

Ive had a torch kill several heads of a frogspawn when it fell next to it before but have never had an issue with hammers/frogspawns touching

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
I have heard that hammers and frogspawns can touch without any issues. I am a bit concerned about my torch but I am keeping my eyes on it. Its only been recent that it blew up big enough to touch the hammer. They have both been where they are for a couple months and no where near touching, but for some reason lately they have both blown up rather large. Actually since I moved my sump to the basement. weird.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it sounds like you have plenty of room right now just keep them seperated
I'm thinking for the future, I dont want 100 different corals in my tank I would like 10 large corals but only very colorful peices I dont like brown polyps or dull colored ricordea I like the tri colors and the ones that really stand out.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Hammer and Frogspawn are pretty closely related and are generally considered safe to touch. It's hit or miss as far as torches are concerned. They are similar enough that some people have had no problems, but others have had serious stinger attacks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts