The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lost on what to feed this thing, it wont eat granules, mysis shrimp or brine shrimp. I got it like two days ago and have yet to be able to feed it anything. My two clowns were added about 5 days ago and only eat granules, and the purple firefish only eats the shrimp, needless to say I kinda want to get a universal food but I am trying to not stress out my fish as they are the first in my tank
Thanks
Tony

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
coral beauties are sometimes tough to get eating. :(

have you tried a frozen coctail food like Prime Reef. this is kinda like a store bought blender mush. blender mush is just a custom made food. consisting of a bunch of critters from the supermarket fresh seafood counter. blended and frozen. this is the best food for our systems.

do a search for blender mush on this site, and i am sure you will find a bunch of different recipes here. this is your best bet for a universal food for the tank. this includes corals also.

G~

·
Registered
175 Posts
When I got mine it didn't eat for a couple of days (at least it didn't seem like it). It would hide in the rockwork. Likewise I was concerned that it wasn't eating. A week later, he shows up like the rest of my fishes...eager to eat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts