The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a gift from the girlfriend last night, a really nice, 4 inch, Coral Beauty. Just a beautiful fish very peaceful.

Now the question I normally research things beofre adding to the tank but....not this time. Will this fish bother any of the poylps? and any other information you can give would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a coral beauty that does not bother soft and LPS coral. I will be adding some SPS frags soon and hope he continues to stay clear of the coral.

However, I have read that any angel fish could take a liking to coral even pygmy angels such as the coral beauty. I guess it is hit or miss depending on the actual fish. Pygmy angels are less likely then large angels to eat coral from what I have read. Good luck.

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
I've had a coral beauty for six months now and haven't nothing but good to say about her. Tough and resilient, she's the most active fish in the tank but doesn't bother anyone and doesn't take any s**t off anyone either. Never saw her mess with corals at all, but they claim she's an algae eater and I've never seen her eat anything veggie-wise, won't even eat nori or other seaweeds but loves flake and mysis shrimp. She hasn't grown any since I got her either, she's maybe 4", but recovered well from an early case of ich and a awful lesion so deep you could see her bone, not even a scar.

G

·
i had one in my 55 gal.... very territorial... but absolutly a perfect reef tank mate.... never niped at anything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts