The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LPS FREAK
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought one home today and was told it was reef safe. Things are fine so far will they stay that way? Please give me info if anyone knows about this fish.
Thanks Chad

·
Registered
10 Posts
i've had mine for about a month now and "so far" things have been great . he doesn't bother my other fish or my corals , and just seemes to be very content swimming in and out of my live rock . He does like nipping at the live rock though but i think its just him looking for something tasty.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I have had a couple and never had a problem with them. They will peck at the rock alot as far as I can remember.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Your never out of the woods. It can be a model citizen for years then turn on you. In a softy dominate type tank your pretty safe. Can take a liking to some LPS and SPS over time.

Just be prepared and have a plan in place to get the fish out if it does turn. There are some threads on some pretty good fish traps out there. Mine works great and can catch any fish that isn't so sick that it stopped eating.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't ever let your guard down. I have had one in my tank for about 5 months and everything was fine. 3 days ago I added some new corals and changed some of my rock work around. I don't know why, but the coral beauty apparently didn't like the changes I made and turned into a real thorn in my side. It has taken to nipping at all of my corals. It tore apart a rainbow acan lord I have. So I would keep an eye on it anytime you add stuff or make changes. In 1 day this fish may have cost me a $200 piece of coral. Hopefully I can save the polyps that have not been torn.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had a flame angle that was good for almost 3 years one day he became a connoisseur of sps destroyed my tank had to tear it down just to catch the little F*er. I will never put an angle in any of my reef tanks again. Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts